Monday, August 31, 2009

Two months in and still rocking...

Here I am at the 8 week mark and things are still going real well with Project Downsize Duff! I was a little worried about stepping on the scale today to be truthful. The second half of last week was a mess for the program. I had to miss Thursday's gym routine (fantasy football draft), Friday I had planned to go mt. biking but Mom Nature screwed that up so I made it my cheat day, I had good french fries for the first time in six weeks. I did get to go mt. biking Saturday, but missed Sunday's workout cuz I had to work and the gym has dumb hours on Sunday.

So with low expectations I hopped on the scale tonight and was blown away to see 289! A big 5 pound week and I didn't workout 3 outta 4 days, sometimes I don't understand weight loss, but I'm not arguing with it. The to-date total is now at 33 pounds which is 1/3 of the way to the ultimate goal. I'm averaging 4 pounds a week to this point which has me ahead of the pace I need to make by my birthday. I know that it has to slow down sooner or later, but it is good to get ahead now. We now have the 290's in the past and begin the run at the 270's today!!


The Successful Mountain Bike Trip:
I busted my butt to get all my work down Thursday so that I could go upto Jim Thorpe to ride a trail suggested to me by Doc Jones, the chiropractor, after I needed adjusting from the first mt bike attempt. Of course Mom Nature provided us with the all day rain Friday, so plans got scrapped. Got up Saturday checked the weather and decided to go up at the last minute. I am so glad I did. Doc was right, it was 24 miles of flat track that followed Lehigh river through some amazingly scenic scenery. It was a super easy ride, if you can pedal for 2.5 hrs, well until the last two miles that were on blacktop back to the parking lot. After 20+ miles of constantly pedaling, two miles uphill sucked! It was an amazingly peaceful ride and I felt so much better that night. I will be repeating no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment