Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A quick question for my readers.

A friend asked me earlier, "How do I reward myself when I achieve these mini goals?" I interestingly had no answer except that I create a new goal. Right now I am so focus on this task that a reward isnt necessary. But it got me wondering, "what in the hell should I reward myself with?" All the things I have found pleasurable (eg, eating and drinking) are completely counter-productive to achieving these mini goals.

So I ask you, "What would be a good reward?"

4 comments:

  1. Your reward is acheiving the goal!!! why do you feel entiled or necessary for something additional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whereas I understand the don't be a sissy aspect and not to stop til you reach the top. Even on a mountain climb you can stop and enjoy the view. That's all this is. The final destination doesn't have to be the only motivator.

    I think it should be something for yourself. Maybe a massage or something. You know, you worked hard to get where you are at. Relaxing is a good thing. Go somewhere that you've been wanting to go. Get something you've been putting off getting.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I was trying to get at, Dan. The final goal is TRUELY the great reward. This is a long trial and the occasional self reward for mini goals could be helpful. Its not about entitlement and I did say right now I'm plenty motivated without a reward.

    ReplyDelete