Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 6: Update

Today's weigh in 297. Two more pounds gone, forever! Total loss is now up to 25 pounds in six weeks. 77 more to go! Hard to believe I'm 1/4 of the way there.

Today I stopped in at Weaver's Bike shop and inquired about a starter bike, and the kid helping me asked "what do you weigh? like 235?" God bless him, but NOT YET.

Not gonna lie this was a rough week for me physically. On Sunday I tweaked my lower back doing squats at the gym (not at the toilet, Todd). That had me visiting the chiropractor Monday after work. I ended up missing a day of work and three gym workouts during the middle of the week because of it. Not going to the gym drove me bonkers. All I could do was lay in bed, couldnt sit my computer chair longer than ten minutes. Thank god for Super Bad! Then there was the ridiculous heat and humidity most of last week, when you all think that it must be awesome to have an outdoor job just remember days like today. Finally, I volunteered to tag along with my friend who is training for a marathon. She needed to run 15 miles so we decided to go over to Blue Marsh and do it on the trails there EARLY Saturday. Um yeah, that may have been the single most insanely difficult thing that I have ever done. I will add a second blog about it later, but lets just say I slept from 4pm Saturday til 10am Sunday waking only to eat supper. I honestly thought I might die there. I will get my revenge on her when I teach her how to snowboard this winter.

I really do enjoy hearing from you all. Especially when you tell me that you have decided to embark on a journey like mine. Whether I inspired you or whether I gave you that final nudge, doesn't matter to me. It's the Universal Law of Reciprocation or the "pay it forward" idea that makes me feel good. Someone shoved me down this path and the best way to thank her is to pass it on to someone else. Good luck to any of you looking to make a change. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'm no trainer or nutritionist but I've picked up a few things along the way that are helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment