Monday, September 14, 2009

Looking for some advice

If you are a well informed fitnerd offer some info if you can:

In the beginning of September I switch up my hamstring exercises and since then I'm not getting my hammys to recover. They ache almost continuously and I've cramped more often as well. Nothing has change in my diet, basically the difference is that I've swapped the leg curl exercise with deadlifts. I also bike every other day, but I've done that since the beginning of Project Duff.

THX

5 comments:

  1. Tight hamstrings also indicate that your structural alignment is off. You lower back, ass and hammies are working overtime to hold up you belly, but most importantly you hip flexors (do you do situps?) tight hip flexors caused most of my hamstring tightness. Do some updog yoga shit to stretch the tight hipflexors before stretching your hamstings. I have a few other stretching exercises (plus a stretching video for you to enjoy. Let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you, Jeff. You can add me to the list of peps you can turn to if you need an ear. Especially sober weekend nights because I work the weekend night shift at the hospital. Sat and Sun 7p-7a, baby! Just send me a text...440-773-3161.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...Kim A. left the above "Anonymous" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. take a few days off from all leg exercise and do a lot of streaching ( not just your legs ), deadlifts are great but put a different strain on the legs and butt than other hamstring excercises and effect your ass more which can cause some extra pain and tightness in the legs... being sore is ok but cramping is a sign it's time to let your body recover a little.
    -Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I gotta get off the bike for awhile, do the ellypitcal for cardio. The cramping is happening when I ride. I get about a half hour into my normal 45 minute w/o and they start twinging. Tonight I had a real bad one at 30 minutes and had to quit.

    ReplyDelete