Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 11:

The Low Down:
Scale time, weighed 283 this evening. A very good rebound from the previous two weeks. It was a 5 pound loss for the week and the running total is at 39. It was kinda a little bummer cuz I was down as low as 281 during the week I was hoping to crack the 270's or at least get to the 40 pound mark. I really need to stop checking the scale every night.

Tons of Good Things:
Had a few good moments this week. Some great reinforcers that what I've done up to this point has been working. Seeing the number fall is great and all, but it is just a number. What really brings it into reality are things that are physical. Things that you can see and touch. It began with me a putting a new hole to my work belt, 3 inches away from the last notch.

Then later in the week the big one came up. I've needed to get a new pair of pants for a few weeks now, been tolerating the extra bagginess because I loathe the idea of buying clothes that I only intend on wearing for a few months. Yeah, so I'm cheap. Anyway I went to the Big and Fat store to buy me a pair of jeans, I figure I could get the most mileage out of jeans. Stood there at the jeans pile and wondered where to even start with sizes. The pants I was wearing at the time were 48 or 50's (yeah 50's scary huh) and they were super loose. I grabbed a pair of 46's jumped in the changing room and came out with the biggest smile EVER! Why? Because those 46's were WAY loose! I walked back to the jean pile and grabbed some 42's. They fit!!! A little snugger than I typically like but I didnt have to suck it in to button them up. They will do for the next couple of months. I wish I could explain how happy I was, words just cant do it. I've been in a foul mood for awhile, mostly because I was letting my insecurity issues overwhelm me. But I smiled for the rest of the day and didn't think of that problem at all. As I settled up at the register I told the guy how awesome it was to be buying my last pair of fat pants. Explained to him that I was on mission to lose a ton of weight and that this was the last time I was gonna have to ever buy pants that had a 4 to start their size. He wished me luck and said I hope we never see you again. Very cool of him.

Also had a few people compliment me on the change in appearance. I am thankful for those compliments, but sometimes I caution myself to take those with a grain of salt. When people you really know know that you are on a mission to change, they will compliment for the sake of being helpful. Those compliments still help. But these compliments came from folks I don't talk to regularly so they carry a little extra weight (no pun intended) when they came my way.

Take care til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment