Monday, August 10, 2009

300 lbs NEVER MORE

Yup yup you should have been able to guess it from the headline, stepped on the scale for weigh in Monday and it showed up at 299!!! This makes a 5 week total of 23 lbs with still 79 lbs to meet the ultimate goal.

Wow, yeah, I love saying "not 300 lbs anymore!" Happy, is Duff. Now it will be determination that keeps me from every seeing that ugly number again! Obviously, this is not the end to the journey but it was a mini goal to get to this point by week 6. SO we crushed that mini goal and a new mini goal must be set. Gonna give myself another 6 weeks to get to 275, that's the new goal.

I find it hard to believe that I'm starting week 6 of this craziness. I don't want to give the impression that this has been easy, even though the weight has been falling off. I am busting my ass at the gym and working very hard to stay on track with the meals and their portion sizes. I even decide to pass on alcohol for the 12 weeks that I'm doing The Body-For-Life challenge. Went to a wedding this weekend and really could have used a drink since it was the youngest cousin's and I'm the oldest so you can imagine the questions being asked. I always use to joke that I was fittest fat guy anyone knew. It seems I may have been right, I'm up to 40 minutes every other night on the stationary bike, getting around 12-15 miles in each time. I'm leaving a puddle on the floor when I'm done, poor janitor. Gonna test the legs this weekend out in the real world as I tag along with a friend who's gonna run 15 miles, NO NO NO I won't be running you silly folk. I'll be on a bike, hope this humidity breaks til then.

I switched gyms this week as a friend, thanks Laura, gave me a week's free pass to the Body Zone in Wyomissing, and that has lead to some sub par lifting days but it's more because of the lack of familiarity with their layout. It's tough to keep the pace up when your looking for the machine you need. It is definately an upgrade to The Gym in Ktown. Much cleaner and more to offer. Still undecided as to whether I will continue working out there or go back to The Gym. The fact that its closer and cheaper are The Gym's big selling points.

4 comments:

  1. Lovin' it! I feel a book is in the making. "From Duff to Buff!". Keep it up!!!!

    Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jeff. What are you doing to reward yourself for these mini milestones?

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, actually nothing :) My reward has been to set a new goal. But dangit you're right I need a reward. lol Right now I am so focused on this whole thing that I haven't needed the extra motivation. Just the kudos and well wishes have been rewarding enough. The Body For Life program does give a day off every week, which I use sometimes from the workout side of it but I havent taken a full day off the eating plan yet. Once you really get into eating the small meal thing you kind feel like crap if you pig out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well My ultimate goal is to be able to do a pull up, something that I have never been able to do (along with that pesky rope climb in Buss' gym class). And, silly as it sounds, I've always wanted a pair of rock n' roll leather pants. I figure if I can do a pull up, I'd look decent in a pair of leather pants. So there's my ultimate goal.

    But along the way I'll be picking up an iPod touch. I've had this dinky shuffle forever, and my daughter has an 8gb Nano for cryin' out loud. I can't let my own daughter out gadget me....

    Dan

    ReplyDelete